unfortunately, due to the nature of the internet and the world, this page is a bit convoluted; there are a lot of shitty people out there who i’d rather not let consume the things we make.
to start off! veadotube is made with anti-capitalist ideals in mind. we use the anti-capitalist software license for our source code, and we’ll use it as a basis for this section.
so, to make it clear: you can use veadotube while earning money with it (the so-called “commercial use”). that’s how most of vtubing works, after all. this includes:
- individuals labouring for themselves;
- non-profit organisations;
- educational institutions;
- organisations that seek shared profit for all of its members, and allows non-members to set the cost of their labour.
but! if you’re an organisation, you can only use veadotube if:
- in case you have owners, all of the owners are workers and all workers are owners with equal equity/vote;
- you’re not law enforcement or military, or working for or under either.
you’re still here? great!
veadotube is made by trans, neurodivergent people who resorted to the internet during our teen years. because of that, we know how awful people on the internet can be, and we know the specific online groups that propagate such actions.
when we say we want to create something accessible so more people can join the fun, we also mean that we don’t want awful people ruining it.
with that said, if you apply as one of these, veadotube is not for you:
- the usual bigot: racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, antisemitic, xenophobic;
- a pedophile, or zoophile, or an enabler of any of these as well as incest;
- a cop or military supporter;
- a “TERF” or a “transmed”, which applies to transphobic;
- a “pro-shipper”, which often means the things on item 2;
- a cryptocurrency supporter, which includes “NFT”s.
if you’re not in there, congratulations! use veadotube as you like. otherwise, we may have to ban you from interacting with the community, as well as refund any purchases.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.